I recent;y had the privilege of getting a sneak peek at Hilary Kimes Bernstein’s new book First Bites: How to instill healthy eating habits during your baby’s first year. Hilary is a mama of two who is passionate about feeding babies naturally from the very start. Her new book is a summary of everything she wish she had known about feeding real food during her baby’s first year.
As readers of this blog know, I too am a big believer in feeding babies as naturally as possible. Even though it was super hard at times, I breastfed my son and daughter through their first and second years. Starting at six months, I fed them REAL food baby food, which was much easier to prepare than I thought.
Hilary makes it even easier to navigate all the baby feeding information out there – she’s done all the homework for you! Her ebook includes 27 chapters full of scientific research, practical tips, and lots of stories from real life moms. She shares why breastfeeding is the best start you can give your baby, how and when to start solid foods, and how to navigate the grocery aisle of processed “food” made especially for little ones.
I really enjoyed Hilary’s collection of information, and definitely recommend it for any new mamas, or not-so-new mamas who are looking to go a little more crunchy (and healthy). It would make a great gift as well!
I just have a couple cautions as you read this book: first, if you are not breastfeeding (for whatever reason) you may want to skip on to the solid food chapters. There is a quick section on how to choose a formula, but I imagine most of the information about formula would be upsetting for any mama who is formula feeding. Secondly, Hilary is a Christian, and has a long chapter about a biblical design for feeding. I know religion is not everyone’s thing, so just know that it pops up now and then. If you don’t like it, you can skip that part.
First Bites is available now at http://firstbitesbook.com/ for $9.99 in .pdf format and for the Kindle reader. Head on over and check out the First Bites website to learn more, or better yet, to get a copy for yourself!
AND! I have a copy to give away to one lucky reader! Just leave a comment below about why you would like a copy of First Bites. The winner will be selected at random on Thursday, October 18th, and emailed details on how to claim the prize. Good luck friends!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- No purchase necessary.
- Eligible to US Residents age 18 and older.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 EST on Thursday, October 18th, 2012.
- To enter, leave a comment on this post explaining why you would like a copy of the First Bites Book.
- The Prize is an electronic copy of the book First Bites in .pdf or Kindle reader format, a $9.99 value
- The number of entries received determines the odds of winning.
- The giveaway hostess will do everything possible to contact the winner, but is not responsible for typographical errors in received entries, or identity disputes.
- The winner will be selected at 12:01 AM EST on Friday, October 19th, 2012. The winner will be notified via email, and have one week to claim the prize.
- If the potential winner forfeits or does not claim prize within allotted time, prize will be re-awarded at the sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Sponsor name and contact info: Hilary Kimes Bernstein, email@example.com.
- Void where prohibited by law.