Spring has arrived, and new sprouts are springing up everywhere. Unfortunately, many of the happy new plants are weeds. There are many strong and scary chemical poisons available at every home and garden store to take care of the weeds. Could natural, cheap, and safe vinegar be just as effective?
- Better for the Earth – no nasty chemicals seeping into the water ways
- Better for You – safe to use around kids and pets
- Saves Money – White Vinegar is super cheap, especially when purchased by the gallon
- Amazingly effective – kills weeds so they don’t come back
- Could damage wanted plants if sprayed too closely
Now that it’s spring, my sidewalks cracks are springing up everywhere with little weeds of many varieties. After seeing that vinegar could hurt grass during my vinegar vs mildew challenge, I decided to see what it could do for weeds. I used my vinegar squirt bottle to give the weeds a good hose down. By the next afternoon all the weeds had turned brown and crunchy. I gave them a couple more squirts on the second day for good measure.
After three weeks and three soaking spring rains, there are still no signs of life. IT WORKS!!! White vinegar kills weeds!
What amazing things have you had vinegar do for you lately?